At Syncopation Life Sciences, upending the status quo is in our DNA. We combine a deep understanding of CAR T resistance with a vision of transforming peoples’ lives through the development of next generation cell therapies that provide deeper and more durable responses to a growing number of patients.
Syncopation is an exciting biotechnology company founded by Crystal Mackall and Robbie Majzner to develop next generation CAR T cell therapies designed to achieve superior efficacy by pre-empting important drivers of drug resistance. Our lead program includes a differentiated and clinically validated CD22 CAR that is in clinical development for patients with B-cell malignancies. To help move this and other programs forward, Syncopation has brought together a passionate and seasoned team to develop a focused portfolio strategy. Our team is based in San Mateo, California.
Join us to help make a difference.
Syncopation is hiring a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to support process development for cell therapy products. The RA/SRA will contribute to and support development of GMP compatible manufacturing processes for production of Syncopation’s cell therapy products. The ideal candidate will have a background in cell selection, lentiviral transduction, cell culture and expansion, and flow cytometry analysis.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Process Sciences team and the broader CMC team. The individual will also collaborate cross-functionally to ensure timely development and manufacture, and release of drug products as well as support regulatory submissions. The role is based in San Mateo, CA.
What You’ll Do at Syncopation
- Support planning and execution of experiments and associated analysis and reporting
- Provide process development support for technical development studies performed both internally and externally
- Support technology transfer to partners at external contract manufacturing organization including compilation of documentation (protocols, test methods, reports)
- Participate in laboratory set up, equipment procurement, and establish internal process development practices
- Author relevant documentation (protocols, technical development, qualification reports)
- Organize, communicate, and present data to key stakeholders, senior management, and external partners
- Interface and work collaboratively with CDMO and testing lab partners
- Proactively enable cross-functional collaborations with internal stakeholders, external partners, and consultants.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant scientific area such as biotechnology, bioprocess, molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry (required)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in T cell biology and/or immunotherapy
- Prior experience in cell therapy, industry, process development preferred
- Expertise in human immune cell isolation, T cell expansion, and mammalian cell culture techniques preferred
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry analyses, including panel design and data analysis preferred
- Expertise in T cell functional assays including proliferation assessment, cytotoxicity, cytokine/chemokine, and Q-PCR preferred
- Ability to work in a highly adaptive environment and learn new skills for changing priorities
- Flexible and creative, with ability to think outside the box
- Must have interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency in Office, Design of Experiments, JMP, Prism, and other productivity and data analysis tools is a plus
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Syncopation Life Sciences, Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Syncopation Life Sciences, Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requires of applicable law.
Syncopation Life Sciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Syncopation, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Syncopation site or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.