About Syncopation Life Sciences
Syncopation Life Sciences is an adoptive cell therapy company recently launched by Samsara BioCapital in partnership with founders from Stanford University. We are developing novel, CAR T-based technologies and programs to address important drivers of resistance to first-generation cell therapies. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, where we are building a team of talented organization of scientists and drug developers to bring a new generation of cell therapies to the clinic.
Syncopation is seeking a Scientist or Senior Scientist to design and conduct pre-clinical in vitro experiments to evaluate novel CAR-T therapy candidates. Through their experimental work, the candidate will help to select our earliest candidate therapies and thereby guide the trajectory of this early phase company.
- Design and conduct experiments to compare the tumor killing capacity and phenotype of early phase CAR-T cell products
- Employ broad array of in vitro experimental techniques and technologies
- Document experimental protocols and results
- Present research findings at internal meetings
- Collaborate with team members and train and mentor new team members as needed
- Keep current with relevant scientific literature
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Ph.D in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field OR B.S. or M.S. with 4-6+ years relevant work experience (preferred experience with developing cell therapies)
- Scientific expertise with immunology (focus on T cell signaling), cell therapy development (focus on CAR-T), and/or cancer biology
- Technical expertise with gene editing (shRNA, CRISPR); molecular biology; mammalian cell culture, transfection, and in vitro tumor killing assays; non-replicative viral vector design, production, and transduction; flow cytometry; kinetic monitoring of cell viability (Incucyte); cytokine assays
- Detail-oriented in conducting and recording experiments
- Effective communication skills
- Innovative, collaborative, flexible, and focused
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org